Medical Assistant/X-ray Technician JobWellington, FL 82351
Apply NowApply NowBack to All Jobs
Why You'll Love This Job
Perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of the Providers running smoothly.
- Report to PUCC Supervisor; take direction from Provider
- Escort patients to exam rooms, triage patients, measure vital signs including weight, blood pressure, pulse ox, temperature, HPI and document all information in patient’s chart
- Assist Provider in exam rooms (ekg’s, medical injections, blood draws, etc.)
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures, keeping them well informed on the process’
- Take X-ray’s following established procedures for patient care and safety
- Ensure all prior days X-rays have been received and scanned into patients' chart
- Responsible for doing DEXA and Body Composition exams following all patient care and safety
- Prepare the HST, Ambulatory blood pressure monitors, Holter Monitors for patients. Thoroughly explain to patient the process and procedure for completion of study.
- Log and ensure timely tracking of reports and machines
- Document and bill for all procedures
- Provide instructions to patients as instructed by Provider
- Prior to Pre-Op visits, ensure all labs and information is filed in patients’ chart prior to appointment
- Keep exam rooms stocked with adequate supplies, maintain instruments, prepare sterilization as required
- Take telephone messages and provide feedback and answers to patient/physician/pharmacy calls.
- Ensure everything is documented in the appropriate area of the patient’s chart.
- Triage and process messages from patients and front office staff to Providers
- Maintain all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, AED, oxygen, cold sterilization fluid change, STAT labs, etc.)
- Adhere to Patient Centered Medical Home Protocols
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School diploma required, and Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Current X-Ray Technology certificate or license, experience with Vizteck Single Face Machine preferred
- 2-3-year medical experience in a Family Practice preferred with excellent medical terminology
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Knowledge of EMR, E-Clinical Works preferred
- Exceptional customer service and phone etiquette skills
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems in a fast-paced environment to ensure timely patient flow
- Makes reasonable effort to limit the use and disclosure of PHI to the minimum necessary in order to perform job
- Team player, collaborator, results oriented, Integrity, Passionate, Visionary